Sunday, January 15, 2012

Becoming...

Oh, how I wish I could live up to the title of this blog at this very moment.  When I sit and think about the vast amount of "things" I've accumulated/gone through in my 35 years it makes me pray that the Lord gives me plenty of time on this earth to make different decisions. 

I don't mean that to say that I have been greedy or completely wasteful, because I haven't.  My husband and I are blessed enough to be able to tithe and give other gifts.  We are also able to give much of what we no longer use to those who can use it (I love going to yard sales and consignment sales, don't like having or participating in them so much!). 

I am truly on a journey to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up.  Part of that includes identifying my spiritual gifts and becoming a faithful steward of them.  Another part is just finding my path in life - including my job, mothering, running my household, and everything else. 

I recently read (devoured may be a better word) Crystal Paine's book The Money Saving Mom's Budget literally from cover to cover.  In the acknowledgments, Crystal says something that may have made more of an impact on me than anything else in the book.  She said "Finally, I owe all I have and all I am to my Creator.  Without Him, I am nothing.  I want to faithfully steward what he has given me so that someday I may hear the words, "Well done.""  I literally got chills when I read those sentences. 

I am a Christian and believe that everything I am and am blessed to have is because my Lord has given it to me but I when I read those words it all hit me.  I have been running a rat race and letting my life pass me by.  I wake up exhausted and go to be exhausted.  How am I supposed to minister, encourage, show mercy or grace to anyone when I'm barely functioning myself.  My choice of not living a purposeful life is making a choice to not be a faithful steward of the time and talents the Lord has given to me. 

I have prayed over and over that the Lord would just give me "my book" so I would know what to do.  Although this one isn't mine, I'm so humbled and excited to have a path to start on and this blog will  be a way I can look back over that journey and hopefully share it with some others too!

No comments:

Post a Comment